Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wilderness School

Sept. 16, 2010
Today I went to Great Hollow to attend the Whole Earth Home School classes. We played a game called deer and coyote on part of Great Hollows 900 acres. To play the game one person (the coyote) hides something and the other people (the deer) try to get it. If the deer are tagged by a coyote they become a coyote. If the coyotes are tagged by the deer they become deer. The person to find whatever is hidden wins. We are also trying to build a wigwam, so we chopped down many trees with a hatchet that the teacher brought. Our goal is to have a feast of acorns, berries, grapes, apples, and whatever we can find that is edible.

2 comments:

  1. William, this is SO COOL. I wish I could take these classes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using a hatchet, huh? There's nothing like taking a hatchet to a tree to make you wish for a chainsaw! Sounded like fun!

    ReplyDelete